PES-CHEM 511 UCEN is a two component solvent free epoxy novolac coating capable of withstanding immersion and contact with high concentration industrial chemicals.
Our team at PES uses PES-CHEM 511 UCEN to apply chemical resistant anti-slip finish for concrete surfaces and industrial floors. The following is one example where this product was a success for one of our clients.
PES-CHEM 511 UCEN for Concrete Surfaces
- ASTM D4258
- Abrade with coarse discs
- Abrasive Clean:
- ASTM D4258
- Angled grit
- Mechanical – Fork lift traffic
- Abrasive Clean – Fork lift traffic up to 45 ton vehicle
- Mechanical – up to 7 years
- Abrasive Clean – up to 10 years
A car battery manufacturer required a chemical resistant anti-slip finish to the 50% sulfuric acid intake area.
After using several other coating manufacturers’ products without success, PES-CHEM 511 UCEN was chosen as the preferred coating for all sulfuric acid areas on site.
The contractor applying the coating incorporated a #8 grit alumina oxide aggregate into the coating to give an anti slip finish capable of taking heavy forklift traffic and withstanding the highly concentrated acid.
The following are just a few of the many features of PES-CHEM 511 UCEN:
- Solvent-free epoxy novolac technology
- Apply to abrasive blast cleaned metallic surfaces
- Apply to primed concrete surfaces
- Withstands immersion and contact with:
- 98% Sulfuric acid
- 75% Phosphoric acid
- 36% Hydrochloric acid
- Incorporate a #8 grit Alumina oxide aggregate to give a hard wearing chemical resistant anti-slip finish for forklift traffic. Foot traffic can use a finer grit such as #36 – #24 size grit.
For more information about PES 511, don’t hesitate to contact us here at PES Solutions with the link below!